Benefits of Art Therapy
Art therapy is an integrative mental health treatment modality that enriches the lives of individuals and families through the creative process, applied psychological theory, and human experience within a psychotherapeutic relationship. Art therapy, facilitated by a professional therapist, effectively supports personal and relational treatment goals. This modality is used to improve cognitive and sensorimotor functions, foster self-esteem and self-awareness, cultivate emotional resilience, promote insight, enhance social skills, reduce and resolve conflicts and distress.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
CBT is based on several core principles, including:
- Psychological problems are partly based on faulty or unhelpful ways of thinking
- Psychological problems are partly based on learned patterns of unhelpful behavior
- People suffering from psychological problems can learn better ways of coping by relieving their symptoms and becoming more effective in their lives
DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy)
The main goals are to teach people how to live in the moment, cope healthily with stress, regulate emotions, and improve relationships with others. The following characteristics of DBT are found in individual psychotherapy:
- Skill sets
- Acceptance and change
How Does DBT Help?
- Improve cognitive and sensorimotor functions
- Improve symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Foster self-esteem and self-awareness
- Cultivate emotional resilience
- Promote insight
- Enhance social skills
- Reduce and resolve conflicts and distress
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
How is EMDR different from other therapies?
EMDR therapy does not require talking in detail about the distressing issue, or homework between sessions. EMDR, rather than focusing on changing the emotions, thoughts, or behaviors resulting from the distressing issue, allows the brain to resume its natural healing process. EMDR therapy can help children, teens, and adults of all ages. EMDR can be used for a wide range of challenges, such as:
- Anxiety, panic attacks, and phobias
- Chronic Illness and medical issues
- Depression and bipolar disorders
- Grief and loss
- PTSD and/or other trauma
- Sexual assault
- Shame and Guilt
- Violence and abuses
EnergyTouch® has been used to support and manage conditions that are extremely challenging.
Complimentary to conventional medical practices, EnergyTouch® addresses conditions by exploring underlying causes. The primary goal is to create an energetically improved state of being that will manifest long-standing physical and emotional results.
Benefits may include:
- Increased sense of peace
- Increased energy level
- Increased ability to manage life with greater ease
- Increased awareness of the emotional and spiritual connections to physical issues
- Increased ability to meditate
- Decreased feelings of stress
Who Benefits From Mindfulness?
Mindfulness-based interventions, generally aimed at relieving symptoms of stress, mental health concerns, and physical pain can be used to address and treat a range of symptoms and concerns such as:
- Attention, concentration, learning and memory deficits
- Chronic stress
- Emotional regulation
- Mood swings
- Self-Esteem, self-acceptance and self-worth
- Social skills and relationship challenges
Who benefits from Play Therapy?
Research supports the effectiveness of play therapy with children ages 2-13 experiencing a wide variety of social, emotional, behavioral and learning problems. Play therapy is utilized as a treatment of choice for anxiety disorders, depression, attention deficit disorders, autism spectrum, oppositional defiant disorders, anger management, trauma, grief and loss, divorce, academic and social development.