July 2021 looks significantly different to our communities and households than a year ago. Have you consciously or unconsciously lost energy to events of the past 16 months? How do you choose to emerge from this world experience called “pandemic”?
From an energetic perspective, your energy body learned and adjusted to the experience of living through this period of uncertainty. Perhaps changes in work, childcare, exercise, or shopping routines put our bodies into a state of fight or flight without us realizing it. As a society we all did this together; one day our lives changed due to restrictions that affected EVERYONE. But as you emerge INDIVIDUALLY, your energy needs to adjust once again. This can be a challenge, as everyone had a unique experience affecting their energy field.
Ask yourself—are you loosing energy to the many changes and losses of the past 16 months? From the perspective of your energy body, patterns have been established that supported you. Do they still support? You can learn to rebalance your body’s energy to respond in a healthy manner.
Tips for balancing your body’s energy:
1) Incorporate mindfulness and establish a morning ritual that focuses on the present moment. Remind yourself that every day is a new beginning and that the past is behind you. By staying present, you are ready to approach the future without losing energy to the past.
2) Pay attention to how you feel. If you are feeling a bit off, take a moment to notice and acknowledge that your energy is communicating with you. Perhaps you are anxious or tense. Listen to your body for a moment, then thank your body’s energy for communicating with you. Moving forward will “feel” a bit different, but this is okay. Find a mantra that resonates with you and repeat it as needed.
3) Be patient with yourself and others. Practicing mindfulness benefits you and those around you. A good technique to practice is to notice where your body feels restless. Then, place your hands on that area and repeat words like “compassion”, “calm”, “love”.
Practicing landing is also a useful tool. “Landing” means to reach, or come to rest in a particular place, or to complete successfully. Your body’s energy seeks to be grounded. It is a good idea to train your body to remember those grounded moments.
Here are a few tips for “landing”:
1) Keep a list of activities and routines handy that soothe and fulfill you and choose to incorporate them into your daily life. Your energy will remember how grounded you felt.
2) Notice how you react to situations, people, news, and social media. Do they make you feel more or less grounded? Choose the situations that help support you, instead of those that distract you.
3) Celebrate your successes, no matter how small they are. Your body’s energy will respond in a positive way, and you will be reinforcing those energetic pathways.
4) Rest when you need to. Our bodies physically and energetically recharge when we allow ourselves to rest.
Lastly, I would like to leave you with a practical mindfulness exercise. Sit quietly and relax your body from your toes up to the top of your head. Connect with the sensations of your body.
1) Take 3 long, deep breaths. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth.
2) Explore what needs your attention today. “What do I need”, “How do I want to have an impact today?” “How may I feel more peace?”
3) Set your intention for the day. “Today I will: be patient”, persevere”, find joy”.
4) Check-in throughout your day. Pause, take a breath, and revisit your intention. Recognize how your energy and mood are shifting.
Janet Southall, ETP